Your financial protection: To safeguard money received for holidays excluding flights, we hold monies in a Trust Account. If your holiday is inclusive of flight this will be provided by a supplier who is ATOL bonded and in the event of the failure of the supplier, you will receive a full refund if your holiday has not taken place or if you are on holiday, your holiday will be able to continue and you will be repatriated at the end of the holiday through the Civil Aviation Authority.
Mango Holidays Limited is hereinafter called “the company” “us” or “we”. All holidays and short breaks offered by the company are sold subject to the following conditions:
1.Your Travel Booking: You must be 18 years old and above and be the parent or legal guardian of any children booked on a Mango Holiday. When you, or your travel agent, ask for your booking to be confirmed, we provisionally set aside your chosen accommodation, holiday or transport for you. We will confirm the reservation on receipt of a completed booking form and appropriate deposit payment. We will send you a confirmation invoice showing the balance due and the payment due date which is normally 9 weeks prior to the departure date. Where the booking is made less than 9 weeks prior to departure the full payment will be due at the time of booking.
- The price you pay: Before your booking is confirmed we reserve the right to change the price advertised. When we have quoted you a price this will be the price you pay. The contract will exist when you have accepted or not objected to the price offered, have paid your deposit or full payment and a confirmation has been issued.
- A significant change or if we cancel your booking: (a significant change does not include a change of carrier, transport or named accommodation). If there is an increase in the price of your holiday by more than 10 % of the holiday price (this would only arise due to circumstances beyond our control, such as increased transport costs, increased taxes, exchange rate changes), then you may: a) cancel your booking and receive a full refund of any monies paid to us provided that you notify us in writing within 7 days of us notifying you on the price change or b) accept our offer of a replacement holiday of lower quality (if available) and we will refund the difference in cost or c) choose a replacement holiday at an equivalent or higher cost and pay the additional cost of the holiday. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. If you decide to accept a refund, we will not be liable to refund to you any costs you may have incurred as a result of your booking (e.g. Vaccinations, train tickets, airport hotels and parking).
- If you cancel your holiday: Charges are based on how many weeks before your booked departure we receive your written cancellation notice. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation costs. If you cancel your holiday you will be liable for the following cancellation charges: More than 63 days before departure, we will retain your deposit and you will be liable to pay any additional services or supplements you have requested, which cannot be reimbursed e.g. extra nights. Between 43 and 62 days before departure, 75% of the cost of the holiday. Less than 43 days before departure, 100% of the cost of the holiday. The holiday cost in the above schedule is the holiday cost including any relevant supplements.
- If you do not pay the balance of your holiday cost at the specified time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday without any refund or credit and you will remain liable for the full remaining balance of your holiday, including any supplements.
- Information and advice provided: Any information or advice given by the company regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, equipment, baggage, etc. Is given in good faith but without responsibility on behalf of the company and the passenger accepts responsibility for obtaining any necessary visa and travel documents required.
- The conditions of your holiday: i. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you are aware of the possibilities that may arise on this type of group holiday, which may include some inconvenience, discomfort and a degree of tour flexibility. The group leader will have discretion to change the itinerary due to weather conditions, the well-being of any individual in the group, sickness, group preferences or other unforeseen circumstances. Delays and alterations and their result, such as inconvenience, discomfort and disappointment are possible.
ii. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you are responsible for the safety and behaviour of you and your child (ren) accompanying you at all times. Our holidays involve group participation and your participation in group activities makes a valuable contribution to the holiday experience of other members of the group. If, in the opinion of the group leader, you or your child`s actions are deemed to be detrimental to the safety or enjoyment of the holiday of other members of the group, we reserve the right to exclude you and your child(ren) from any further participation in group activities. We recognise that everyone contributes something different to the group and we will only exercise this right of exclusion in extreme circumstances.
iii. The company will not accept liability for the negligence of its own employees or agents causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged to do so under English law. We shall not be responsible for mishap to you or your property or the consequences or effects of flight cancellation, strikes, wars, riots, robbery, sickness, quarantine, government intervention or other such happenings. We strongly recommend you purchase insurance against such risks.
- The company shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the contract if such failure is attributable to the passenger, is unforeseen or unavoidable or attributable to a third party, is a result of unusual and unforeseen circumstances and is beyond the control of the company.
- Where the company is found to be liable for damages in respect of its duty to carry out the contract, the maximum amount of such damages will normally be limited to the price of the holiday. Where the damages relate to the provision of transport by air, sea or rail, or hotel accommodation, any compensation payable will be further limited by the Warsaw Convention, as amended by the Hague Convention 1955 (air), the Athens Convention 1974 (sea), the Berne Convention 1961 (rail) and the Paris Convention 1961 (hotel accommodation).
- Any independent arrangements you make are not part of the tour and are at your own risk.
vii. There is a general indication in this brochure of the itinerary for each holiday, the type of accommodation, and what is included in the holiday. We reserve the right to change the activities for any reason at the discretion of the group coordinator.
viii. When part of the holiday cost is payable as a local payment. This payment must be made on the first day of the holiday to the group coordinator or appointed agent. If you fail to make this payment at the appropriate time, the group coordinator may exclude you from the rest of the trip, including activities, meals and the return transport to the airport.
- Conditions of travel:
- i. Before you travel on an overseas holiday you must be covered by adequate travel insurance including cover for baggage, medical expenses and the cost of repatriation. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance for UK holidays.
- We cannot guarantee to meet any special requests e.g. dietary requests.
iii. Our responsibility does not commence until the appointed time at the designated point of joining the group. If you fail to arrive at the appointed time we shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred for you to join the group.
- Any flights forming part of the holiday are subject to the conditions of the carrying airline, which in most cases limit the airline’s liability to the passenger in accordance with International Law and conventions.
- If there is any delay to the flight either from the UK or on return to the UK, we shall not be responsible for providing food and accommodation for the duration of this delay. (Under current legislation airlines have a responsibility for such.) We shall not be responsible for any consequent amendment or curtailment of planned itineraries, which result from such delays.
- Neither is the company liable to provide alternative itineraries, accommodation, services or staff if a passenger is unable or unwilling to participate in an itinerary outlined for a tour.
vii. If you have any complaint about the tour, you should make it known at the earliest opportunity to the leader, who will normally be able to take appropriate action. If you are not satisfied with their response and you feel your enjoyment of the tour is likely to be significantly affected, you should notify Head Office in writing and we will do our best to resolve the problem. If at the end of the tour, you feel your complaint has not been properly dealt with, we will try and agree a settlement with you, but you must first notify us of your complaint in writing within 14 days of your scheduled date of return. Any disputed and unresolved complaint may be referred to arbitration.
- Any likeness or image of you or your child (ren) secured or taken on holiday may be used by the company without charge in all media for bona fide promotional or marketing purposes.
Mango Holidays Ltd, Company Registration number 02687915. Registered address 3 The Glebe, Albrighton, Shropshire, WV7 3EF.